For Coaches: Competition Info
General Performance Requirements
By attending any Spirit Xpress regional event, all participants agree to conduct themselves in a manner displaying good sportsmanship throughout the event. The advisor/coach of each team is responsible for seeing that team members, coaches, parents, and any other person affiliated with the team conduct themselves accordingly. Severe demonstrations of unsportsmanlike conduct are grounds for disqualification.
- All Stars Teams – NO GYM CHECKS ALLOWED AT THE EVENT; Certified checks, Credit Card or Cash Payments Only
- Schools - School Checks, Purchase Orders, or Credit Cards ONLY
- Refunds request must be submitted in writing to National Office:
6745 Lenox Center Court Ste. 300 Memphis, TN 38115
- Teams must be in uniform to enter the building, warm ups are allowed.
- Spectator fee is $5-$10 for everyone 5 and older, depending on event.
- There is no parking fee.
- Two coaches are admitted free per team.
Music must be on an mp3 player for all events. No CD's are allowed (example: smartphone, iPod, iPad, etc). If using a smart phone, please set to "airplane mode" prior to aproaching the DJ table. It is stronlgy suggested that all teams test their music during the music check/open tumbling sessions.
There is no "out of bounds" penalty. All choreography must have the intent to start and finish on the competition surface.
All Star teams will perform on a 54' x 42' spring floor. There will be at least one open tumbling session for each event. There is not a spring floor surface in the warm-up area for regional events.
School teams will perform on a 54' x 42' non-spring matted floor. There will be an open tumbling session in the warm-up room during the floor change.
ALL STAR TEAM MUST BRING USASF APPROVED TEAM ROSTERS TO EACH SPIRIT XPRESS REGIONAL EVENT. NO EXCEPTIONS. VISIT USASF.NET FOR MORE INFORMATION.
SCHOOL & SPECIAL NEEDS TEAMS MUST BRING A COMPLETED WAIVER FORM FOR EVERY PARTICIPANT TO THE EVENT.
There will be "Tumble Time" prior to the floor change for a charitible cause. Cost is $5 to throw your favorite, non-spotted, already mastered tumbling pass. Participants only.
- Total routine time must be no longer than 2 min 30 seconds for all teams. All stars must be all music. School teams may have a maximum of 1 minute 45 seconds of music.
- Must perform all elements of score sheet to receive points in that category.
- All stars follow USASF rules. All school teams will follow National Federation rules. Middle schools must also adhere to AACCA rules.
- Total routine time must be between 2 min and 2 min 30 seconds.
- Performed entirely to music.
- Routines must follow USASF Dance rules.
- Suggestive, offensive, or vulgar choreography is inappropriate for family audiences and therefore lacks audience appeal. Routine choreography should be appropriate and entertaining for all audience members. Vulgar or suggestive material is defined as any movement or choreography implying something improper or indecent, appearing offensive or sexual in content, and/or relaying lewd or profane gestures or implications. Inappropriate choreography affects the judges' overall impression of the routine. Please make sure that all choreography is age appropriate. All costuming should be appropriate for all dancers.
- Wearable items are allowed (Examples: Hats, sunglasses, gloves, jackets, etc).
- Total routine must be between 1 min and 1 min 30 seconds.
- A musical segment of at least 45 seconds, but no greater than 1:30 is required.
- USASF Cheer rules apply. There are NO levels for individual routines, only age groups.
- Individual routines that include a non-music cheer portion are allowed, however the cheer portion itself is not on the scoresheet and therefore cannot be judged.
- Total routine time must be at least 45 seconds in length, but no greater than 1 minute and 30 seconds.
- Performed entirely to music.
- USASF Dance rules apply.
Stunt Groups (All Girl 5 and Coed Partner Routines)
- Total routine must be at least 45 seconds in length, but no greater than 1 minute and 30 seconds.
- No males are allowed in All Girl 5 beyond the Junior level.
- Routine performed entirely to music.
- Jumps and tumbling are not permitted unless as part of a direct transition into a stunt.
- Routines should be choreographed to demonstrate a variety of stunts and transitions.
- Must follow Level 5 rules for stunts, release moves and inversions.
Spirit Xpress follows the level breakdown and safety guidelines as recommended by the National All Star Cheerleading Coaches' Congress (NACCC) and adopted by the United States All Star Federation. (USASF) For most recent revisions please see www.nacccongress.com or www.usasf.net as well as the National High School Federation rules for all school teams.